Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

So this week I really needed to focus and buckle down since last week I lost a big fat zero pounds.  I made a menu ahead of time and tried to stick to it.  Although, I made Pad Thai one night (which wasn't as great as I had hoped it was going to be) and the recipe said it made 4 servings, but if that was true, these servings were HUGE.  I couldn't even imagine eating that many rice noodles in one sitting!  So needless to say, I had a lot of Pad Thai left over, so instead of throwing it away and wasting it, I replaced some lunches with the leftovers.  I ate Pad Thai about 4 of the 7 days this week.  I also cheated on Sunday because we spent the day down in Charlotte.  My friend Stephanie was in town from Dallas for business, so we drove down to see her and some other friends.  My lunch wasn't too bad (and by bad, I obviously mean delicious, but full of calories and fat), but I'm sure the beer and fried pickles I ate later weren't on the list of things I can eat :/  Oh by the way, did you happen to catch Sundays episode of Undercover Boss?  See if you can spot Steve in the crowd in the last 10 minutes of the show.

I did pretty good exercising this week too.  I did skip one day this week because I just wasn't feeling up to it, but I think getting 5 out of the 7 days is good.  I'm still following my 10 pound Slimdown schedule (I had to push back a week since I wasn't able to exercise last week while we had visitors in town), so I have another week left of it.  I'm glad it's almost over because I'm getting kind of bored doing the same exercises over and over.  It does alternate between 5 of them, but still, I'm getting sick of seeing the same woman with her crazy smile and chisled abs.

So all in all, it wasn't a bad week.  I lost 2 1/2 pounds

Now I'm only 1/2 pound away from where I was when I got pregnant : )  I said I would post before and after pictures once I reached my pre-pregnancy weight, so hopefully next week I'll be able to put that up.  Then I will be on to tackle the next 15 pounds :/ 

I did make a couple things this week that I enjoyed.  I didn't get any pictures, but you can trust me...it was good.

Chipotle Steak Sandwiches
makes 4 servings

1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder
1 lb. flat iron steak
salt and pepper
1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted

In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chili powser.  Set aside.
Heat a skillet or grill.  Season steak with 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; cook steak 15 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning once.  Transfer to cutting board; let stand.
To same skillet, add sliced onion, 1 tbsp. water and 1/8 tsp. salt.  Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5-7 minutes until tender; stirring.
Slice steak across the grain.  Spread chili mayonnaise on rolls, top with sliced steak with onion. 

per servings: 315 calories, 14g Fat, 4g Sat Fat, 65mg Chol, 615mg Sod, 24g Carb, 2g Fib, 25g Prot
recipe from The Supermarket Diet Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment