Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

Curse you delicious Superbowl foods!!!  I'm pretty sure that is the culprit for my lack of weight loss this week. 

I lost 1 whole pound

I did the second (and final) week of Boot Camp for The Supermarket Diet and in all fairness, I didn't quite follow the diet to a Tee.  There were a lot of meals on it this week that just really didn't sound appealing to me, but I tried to supplement with something equal in calories and nutrtional value.  Maybe they weren't as close nutriontally as I thought.  They say that if you don't eat enough calories it can have reverse effects and you won't end up losing weight...I'm just going to say that is what happened ; )  But seriously, mixed with the Superbowl binge, I'm sure it would have been a more successful week had I stuck to the actual menu.  C'est la vie.

I also fell a little short on my exercising this week.  I had 2 days off (according to the schedule), but then on Saturday I got caught up in housework and errands that I totally missed my work out for the day, then on Sunday morning I woke up a little later than I had wanted leaving me time to only complete 20 of my 40 minute work out before heading off to church.  But I tried to get back on schedule and make up for missed work outs these past couple of days.  And as much as I hate to admit it...I guess those endorphins really are releasing, because exercising has actually made me feel good and I kind of, sort of, look forward to my work outs : /  I'm about half way through the scheduled work outs, so I'll keep following that for the next week as well.

Now that my week 2 of Boot Camp is over with, I have made up a menu for next week that I'm hoping works out.  The Supermarket Diet gives strict nutritional values for its "Keep On Losing" plan (like per day you get 1500 calories, 50g fat, under 15g saturate fat, about 190g of carbs, under 24g added sugar, etc.), but honestly, that is super hard to figure out when you're planning a menu.  I did it for one day and it took me about 5 hours to find food that added up to the values.  So I planned a healthier looking menu than I had been planning before I started the diet, and hopefully it will work out.  We shall see. 

We have visitors coming this weekend, so wish me luck that I don't stray (too far) off my diet.  I did allow for some dinners out this coming week, but lets hope I can make healthy decisions and stay strong. 

And just because I don't have any pictures or recipes to put up for this week, here's a picture of Ryleigh and I.  Mommy got a new sling to wear since Ryleigh is getting to be a little heavy when carried for long periods of time.  She seems to enjoy it...Daddy's not so sure.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! and I miss that little Princess so much :) She looks so comfy. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete